Attack on the Bâtiaz Castle, demonstrations by a troupe passionate about the Middle Ages, tasting of medieval flavours... the medieval visit is adapted to each member of the family!
Built on the heights, the Château de la Bâtiaz has watched over Martigny and its surroundings since the 13th century.
In order to discover this unique setting, Martigny Tourism proposes a guided medieval journey through the different rooms of the fortress. Participants will have the opportunity to attack the tower with a war machine. A troupe with a passion for the Middle Ages will offer various demonstrations. The visit ends with a tasting of medieval flavours.
During this discovery, everyone will benefit from :
- valuable information from a guide on the site
- a visit to the bowels of the castle and its dungeon
- a mangonel shot (medieval demonstration organised by a troupe)
- a tasting of hypocras and country terrine
Children will also enjoy :
- a quiz allowing them to win a prize
- a scent game with the spices used in the past
- a syrup and country terrine
- The Chatelain offers a small card to extend the pleasure and eat at the castle after the visit (information > www.batiaz.ch).
- access :
- on foot (15 minutes from the Bâtiaz car park – access map)
- by Baladeur, if available (information to be checked with Martigny tourism). Free ascent on presentation of the ticket for the medieval tour, departure at 10:00 from the Place Centrale.
- not suitable for people with reduced mobility
- ticket not exchangeable or refundable
- rates :
- Adult: CHF 15.00
- Child : CHf 8.00
Guided tour (in French) on the following Sundays – reservation required
- dates 2024 to be defined
Place and time of visit: 10:30 am in the courtyard of the castle
Duration of the activity: 1h30