Tosca, which takes place in Rome in 1800, is Puccini's legendary opera.
Based on Victorien Sardou’s drama “La Tosca”, it has all the elements to explain its universal success with its ever-present themes: passion, jealousy, domination, sadism, sex, religion and art.
In this musical masterpiece, the cruel Roman police chief, Scarpia, has only one goal: to possess the famous singer Tosca. By imprisoning and torturing her lover, the painter Cavaradossi, he sets a diabolical trap for the diva, thinking he can achieve his goal. But will the trap close as he expects?
As in a suspense film where the music enhances the action, the spectator does not emerge unscathed from this violent and intense drama.
Date of performances:
- Saturdays 6, 13 and 20 August 2022
- Wednesdays 10 and 17 August 2022
- Site: Roman Amphitheatre in Martigny
- Doors opening: 7pm
- Opera starts: 8pm
- Number of acts: 3
- Intershow: yes
- No seat numbering
- Small catering possible on site from 6pm
- Red zone (see plan)
- Normal ticket: CHF 110.-
- VIP ticket: CHF 160.- (opera + aperitif at 6 pm)
- Blue zone (see plan)
- Normal ticket: CHF 85.-
- Children’s ticket (up to 16 years old), student apprentice: CHf 65.-
Mandatory sanitary pass or according to the measures in place (OFSP) at the time of the event.
Postponement or cancellation:
- In case of bad weather, two postponements per performance are foreseen.
- In the event of cancellation after the second postponement, tickets will be refunded at 100% of the purchase value.