Follow the Roman ancestor and discover the history of the city and its unsuspected treasures.
Plunged into the heart of the Roman era, visitors follow an ancestor who guides the group through the city’s main archaeological sites. Strategically located at the foot of the climb to the Great St. Bernard Pass, Martigny has a rich past, marked by the presence of countless buildings of great importance. Bread and wine made according to Roman recipes can be tasted during the visit.
Places to visit:
– Catacombs of the Early Christian Cathedral
– Basilica Street, Forum and Caldarium
– Gallo-Roman Museum
– Tasting of Roman flavours
– Meeting point in front of the Tourist Office at 6:00 pm
– Time of visit: 1h30
– Possibility to continue your evening by attending the free guided tour of the Foundation’s exhibition at 8pm.
Access limited to people with reduced mobility
A minimum of 5 people is required for the tour to take place
Tickets are neither exchangeable nor refundable
Every Wednesday at 6:00 pm from mid-June to the end of September 2021
Adults: CHF 15.-
Children (6-17 years): CHF 8.-
+41 27 720 49 49