"Figaro qua, Figaro là" Who doesn't know these words? In "The Barber of Seville", an opera whose arias such as "Una voce poco fa" and "La calumnia" are among the most popular in classical music, the characters never seem to stand still.
This opera is considered by many to be the masterpiece of Italian opera buffa Gioachino Rossini.
Summary of the play
Seville, 18th century: With the help of the barber Figaro, Count Almaviva hopes to conquer Rosina as soon as possible. However, she is jealously guarded by Dr. Bartolo, his guardian. After several twists and turns, Figaro and Almaviva succeed in their goal: Rosina and the Count are reunited and can give free rein to their love…
- Doors opening 1 hour before the performance.
- People with limited mobility (wheelchair) must contact Martigny Tourism directly to obtain a ticket.
- Presentation of the work by Marie Favre: one hour before the performance at the Salle des Humanités
- Non-refundable and non-exchangeable ticket (cancellation insurance is not included in this service: it is up to the ticket holder to take out private insurance)
- In case of cancellation of the event due to a pandemic, the ticket will be valid for a later date or refunded at 93%.
- Wednesday 15 November at 8 pm
- Friday 17 November at 8 pm
- Sunday 19 November at 5 pm