In the beginning of 2023, the Rose-Gorge troupe will present a new show highlighting some of the best songs of the City of Light (in French).
Paris, Paris, Paris. We have always sung in Paris, we have always sung Paris. We have sung about summer nights, we have sung about terraces, we have sung about Parisians, their neighbourhoods, their monuments.
Paris is, like many cities, a collection of districts that were once villages, with their own identity. An identity that the eternal Paris of the 20th century has taken on the task of turning into a single common point, the Parisian style. But do the two banks of the Seine really offer the same themes, the same rhythms, the same melodies? Probably not. Or do they?
Paris, you get there… from everywhere. It is the beginning of an adventure, it is to taste the present moment at the corner of a crossroads, looking at the Seine, watching the apparently inspiring Parisians pass by. For Paris inspires, Paris animates. In every language, people sing of happiness or sadness.
Paris is where we live. In Saint-Germain-des-Prés with the poets, in Montmartre with the artists. We scan the dresses of the Grand Boulevards, we converse with Notre-Dame, we let ourselves be lulled by the eddies of the Seine…
Paris is left, willingly or unwillingly, but you come back often, and you sing it every time. You can leave Paris and be happy to have fled its tumult. One can leave Paris without having really decided to, and the turmoil is missing. You can leave Paris and never find it again, because Paris changes, transforms and its memory is always fantasized, nostalgic.
For some, it is a cabaret, at Patachou’s or elsewhere, where you try to launch a career, before Paris consecrates you or not. It’s an atmosphere that you experienced one day in May, and that you never find again. These are encounters that forge a life. But life passes.
The legends of 20th century song, who have scattered their repertoire with Parisian streets, neighbourhoods and characters, make the Paris of their memories resound. From the Faubourgs of Belleville to the terraces of Montparnasse, the artists attached to the City of Light have given French song timeless masterpieces.
This is a journey that the Rose-Gorge company offers you. A journey through time, through Paris. From Trenet’s smiles to Vanessa Paradis’ voice. A journey through this snail’s pace of districts, in the company of Piaf, Montand, Brassens, Aznavour and many others. Let’s sit down for a moment on the banks of the Seine and begin this journey.
DATES AND TIMES OF PERFORMANCES:
- Wednesday 4 January 2023 at 8.30 pm doors open at 8 pm, end at 10 pm
- Thursday 5 January 2023 at 8.30 pm doors open at 8 pm, end at 10 pm
- Friday 6 January 2023 at 8.30 pm doors open at 8 pm, end at 10 pm
- Saturday 7 January 2023 at 8.30pm doors open at 8pm, end at 10pm
- Sunday 8 January 2023 at 5pm, doors open at 4.30pm, ends at 6.30pm
- Wednesday 11 January 2023 at 8.30pm doors open at 8pm, ends at 10pm
- Thursday 12 January 2023 at 8.30pm doors open at 8pm, end at 10pm
- Friday 13 January 2023 at 8.30pm doors open at 8pm, end at 10pm
- Saturday 14 January 2023 at 8.30pm doors open at 8pm, end at 10pm
- Sunday 15 January 2023 at 5pm, doors open at 4.30pm, ends at 6.30pm